Established in 1842 by the brothers of the Order of St. Augustine, Villanova University is a reputed Catholic academic institute. The university has been providing students with a high quality education for years. In 1997, Villanova University started its distance education program which aims at reaching students who cannot attend regular lectures and classes at the University's campus.
Villanova University adopted higher form of education in 2003 with the use of rich media for its delivery process. The technology used by Villanova University allows each of its online students to enjoy distance education as much as a traditional classroom education. Students have the opportunity to participate in live classes, to access complete study material along with compilation of past class lectures, and to interact with and share ideas with fellow classmates and the teachers. Other technology-based tools used by Villanova to teach its students include two-way interaction through group sessions, chat rooms, individual assignments, group projects, message boards, and classes with video and audio streams.
The distance education program at Villanova University is designed for students who have professional or personal commitments. Students who are working and wish to earn a degree or certificate in the subject of their profession, students who live in some other city or country as well as the ones who have a family to take care of, are the kind of students Villanova aims to serve at its online programs. Since all the programs are online and depend upon the online interaction, students are not required to attend lectures or classes on campus.
Villanova and its programs are accredited by the AACSB International, Computing Science Accreditation Board and the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools.
Some of the programs and courses offered by Villanova University include:
- Master Certificate in Six Sigma - Information Technology
- Master Certificate in Government Contract Management
- Master Certificate in Human Resource Management
- Master Certificate in Six Sigma - Financial Services
- Mastering Contract Management
- Essentials of ROI Methodology
- Advanced Strategic Project Management
- Advanced Contract Management
- Six Sigma Green Belt - Healthcare
- Six Sigma Green Belt - Information Technology
- Master Certificate in CISSP® Security Management
- Master Certificate in Applied Project Management
Villanova University maintains same level of excellence in its online education programs just like its on-campus programs so that students can earn an accredited education with ease.